As a PASLA member, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal information such as your name, title, address, telephone and fax numbers and email address ("Personal Data") when you apply to us and/or continue to register with us for attending events/conferences that we organized and receiving newsletters on market developments we published/received (collectively, "Services"). If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the Services to you.
We shall keep your Personal Data secure and confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of your Personal Data will be in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance") and are set out in this Policy Statement.
Your Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for any one or more of the following purposes, and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Provision of the Services, including sending you notices of events/conferences and newsletters
- Processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with the Services
- Analysing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Services
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you
- Enabling the daily operation of your registration/account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in your registration/account in relation to the Services
- Designing/providing subsequent services and other products and services in relation to the Services
- Conducting market research or surveys for statistical purposes Forming and being maintained in a database to which is accessible by some or all members within PASLA and any of their subsidiaries
- Fulfilling any obligations as required by law from time to time
We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) your Personal Data to our subsidiaries, contractors, any third party collection agencies, any credit reference agencies, any security agencies, any credit providers, any banks, any financial institutions, our professional advisers and any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us and any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees of our rights with the respect to you to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer your Personal Data and any regulators as well as government bodies for the purposes mentioned above.
As your Personal Data will be maintained in our database, your Personal Data may be disclosed to and shared amongst all members within PASLA and any of their subsidiaries in Hong Kong or elsewhere, but such members and their subsidiaries shall not use your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes without obtaining your prior consent.
We intend to use your Personal Data for direct marketing the Services and will not so use your Personal Data without seeking appropriate consent.
We will cease to use your Personal Data for any purposes if you request us to do so. Please write to us at the address below quoting your name, address and relevant contact information.
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as any one or more of the purposes mentioned above for which it was collected exist. If you wish to delete your Personal Data held by us, please notify us and accordingly your Personal Data will be erased and/or destroyed.
Under and in accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any of your Personal Data Access your Personal Data held by PASLA
- Require PASLA to correct any of your Personal Data, which is inaccurate
- Ascertain the policies and practices of PASLA in relation to Personal Data and the types of Personal Data held by PASLA.
In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request.
All requests for access to or correction of Personal Data or information regarding policies and practices and types of Personal Data held by us should be made in writing and addressed to:
Chairman [and Personal Data Privacy Officer]
GPO Box 6383,
Central Post Office,
Please note that all data access requests should be made using the form specified by the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data, which is accessible from the following link: