As a PASLA member, it may be necessary for you to provide us with your personal information ("Personal Data") when you apply to us and or continue to register with us for an event/service and/or product ("Services"). If your Personal Data is incomplete or incorrect, we may not be able to provide or continue to provide the services to you.
We shall keep your Personal Data confidential at all times. Our policies and practices with respect to the collection, use, retention, disclosure, transfer, security and access of Personal Data will be in accordance with the Ordinance and are set out in this Policy Statement.
Your Personal Data provided by you to us may be used and retained by us for the following purposes, and for other purposes as shall be agreed between you and us or required by law from time to time:
- Provision of the Services
- Processing of any benefits arising out of or in connection with the Services
- Analysing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the provision of the Services
- Processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities requested by you
- Enabling the daily operation of your registration/account and/or the collection of amounts outstanding in your registration/account in relation to the Services
We may disclose and transfer (whether in Hong Kong or abroad) to our subsidiaries, contractors, any third party collection agencies, any credit reference agencies, any security agencies, any credit providers, banks, financial institutions, our professional advisers and any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us and any of our actual or proposed assignees or transferees or our rights with the respect to you to use, discloses, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above.
In addition, we may disclose and transfer your Personal Data to any company within PASLA and any of its subsidiaries and to include that Personal Data in one or more databases held by PASLA (which may contain other information collected by PASLA) for the purposes mentioned above, the carrying out of market research, credit assessments, marketing of any goods and/or services by PASLA or its subsidiaries.
If you do not wish to receive marketing information from PASLA with respect to any goods and/or services not related or to be in connection with the Services, or for us to disclose, transfer or use your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in this Policy, please write to us at the address below quoting your name, address and relevant contact information.
Under and in accordance with the Ordinance, you have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any of your Personal Data
- Access your Personal Data held by PASLA
- Require PASLA to correct any Personal Data, which is inaccurate
- Ascertain the policies and practices of PASLA in relation to Personal Data and the types of Personal Data held by PASLA.
In accordance with the Ordinance, we have the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any Personal Data access request. All requests for access to or correction of Personal Data or information regarding policies and practices and types of Personal Data held should be in writing and addressed to:
Martin Corrall, Chairman